Thursday, May 26, 2016

New Recipe. . .

I have a new favorite recipe for my broccoli.  I found this one on Pinterest, but I did not save it and now I cannot locate it.  I did tweak it just a bit anyway so it is not the exact recipe from Pinterest.   We have a bumper crop of broccoli right now so I am trying to find other ways to eat it than just raw and in salads.  I do love it that way though.  I have done this recipe two different ways and obviously I encourage you to tweak it and make it your own.

1-2 cups chopped broccoli (depending on how many you are going to feed)
2-3 tbsp of olive oil ( I am never exact on this, I do not measure)
2 cloves of garlic pressed ( highly recommend fresh)
1-2 tbsp of water

I whisk the last three ingredients then add the broccoli and toss.  Spread over a baking dish and broil till tender or to the way you like it.  My hubby likes his really done.

This is the one I tried today and it was FABULOUS!!
1-2 cups chopped broccoli
2-3 tbsp olive oil
2 cloves garlic
1 lemon zested and then juiced

I whisk the last three ingredients then add the broccoli and toss.  Zest your lemon before you juice it and I only juiced half of my lemon.  This had the best flavor, I could not believe how good it was.  I broiled on 500 till it was very fragrant and a little crisp for my hubby.   When I bring it out of the oven I also sprinkle a little salt.

I think my kids might even like this, I may have to try it again tonight and see.  

No comments: