Tuesday, September 6, 2016

And the Wall is Wet. . .

We did get our new fridge, but it was touch and go there for a while.  These new fangled appliances that have all sorts of bells and whistles need a several hundred page instruction book.  I mentioned yesterday that we bought a floor sample.  This was a special order that the customer changed their mind on.  We got a great deal since it was a return.  I asked the guys that delivered it why the customers changed their mind and they said the customers said it was too loud.  I was a little confused because how loud could it be.  Had we made a huge mistake by purchasing this after it had been returned?   The delivery guys said it sort of sounded like an aquarium.  I am still not sure about that, it does make a little noise but who can hear anything in my house between the boys and the dog all yelling and barking all the time.  I will welcome an aquarium sound.  Don't they sell really expensive gadgets that make that sound on purpose?  Hey we really did get a good deal, we got a two for one.
I did not notice any odd noises last night but this morning as I was in the kitchen cleaning up after sending the boys off to school I did notice a little bubble sound.  I then noticed my wall was glistening, my walls do not normally glisten.  I stuck my hand down beside the fridge and my counter top was damp and then I could feel a little bit of a spray.  Panic then begins to set in.   I had just got everything back where it belonged from having the refrigerators switched out and I had to clean everything off again and pull this monster back out and try to figure out what had happened.  I called the store and tried to explain what I thought was going on and they said they would send someone out to check on it.   I continued to clean the fridge off so I could pull it further out from the wall to clean the water up off of the floor.  Once I pulled the fridge away from the wall I could see what the problem was, I guess I called the store too soon.  I had a very small hole in my water hose that was going from the wall to the fridge and it was spraying a fine mist all over the wall and the cabinet.  I called the store back so they would not have to send anyone out for this.  The hubbs or I could go and get a hose to replace this one.   When the hubbs got home after dropping the boys off at school he went to the store to get that much needed replacement hose.   Fingers crossed, and hopeful that everything will be ok now.  
We have a couple interviews this week so stay tuned.  

No comments: