Monday, September 12, 2016

My Fridge is too Advanced for Me. . .

I shared with you last week that we had to get a new fridge and how new fangled it was.  It got even more advanced than we ever thought this week.  We were going to celebrate Sprat's birthday on Saturday night so after the hubbs and I had worked cooking breakfast at Church we picked up an ice cream cake for after dinner.  We came home and I put the cake in the lower right side of the freezer section of this super techno fridge.  After dinner I went to get the cake out so that it could thaw a little for our dessert.  When I picked the box up the cake was leaking out of the bottom, it had completely melted.  Let me describe the way this fridge looks;  it has four doors, the top two are the refrigerator doors and the lower two doors I thought were the freezer doors.  Apparently the right side of the freezer can be adjusted so that it is either a:  soft freeze, chill, or freezer.   We had inadvertently set this lower right door to chill (refrigerator temp), I had not put anything in there other than that ice cream cake so I had no way of really knowing that it was not freezing.   We figured out how to change that temperature and it is now a freezer in both lower doors but, how cool is it that we can add more fridge space if we need it.  I kinda like that.
Sprat drove himself to Church yesterday, that was his first trip alone since he got his license.   He drove to school today too.  I made him text me when he got to school so I would know he was safe.   I also told him he had to text me before he leaves to come home after football practice.  I am still adjusting to this convenience of having another driver.  He did not take Big T to school though, I do not think he is ready for that responsibility and neither am I.  I am sure once the hubbs and I are both working there may be a time when he will have to drive him to school but for right now he does not.  It is going to be another interesting week here at our house, so stay tuned and hang on.  

No comments: