Thursday, September 1, 2016

Youth Is Not All It's Cracked Up to Be. . .

Exhausted after my interview yesterday.  I have not interviewed for a job in twenty some years so I was very nervous.  I must have been extremely tense too, my neck and shoulders ached last night.  I have always held my stress in my neck and shoulders.
I thought I had a good interview but then at the end as I was leaving, I was not that sure at all.  It felt weird and I cannot explain it.  I am my own worst critic so, I am always questioning should I have said something different.  I have gone over my interview a thousand times and I am just not sure anymore how well it went.  I will not know anything for a few weeks because they are interviewing other candidates.  I liked the manager and I liked the facility, I think I would fit in there but who knows how they perceived me.  I am older than most of the other employees there, at least the ones that I met, and that may not go over well.  They may see me as a liability, who knows.
Staying focused and trying to stay positive in this uphill battle to find our path once more.   My dear hubby is beginning to show signs of wear and tear from this battle.  I am very worried about him, he thinks he is letting our family down because he does not have a job.  As a wife and friend I am trying to keep his spirits up and to encourage him but I know that this is weighing heavily on his heart.  He is blaming himself and I can assure you just based on his work ethic alone he is not responsible.
It would be nice if employers still valued loyalty in their employees and actually appreciated those that had stuck with the same company for a number of years.  These days employers see their employees as mere expendable commodities and to me that is sad.   I think if employers would show just a modicum of appreciation for service and loyalty they would get so much more productivity from their employees.   My husband felt loyalty to his employer unfortunately for him they did not feel the same.  
Stay tuned, the hubbs has more interviews to come and of course the kids are knee deep in their sports.

No comments: