Wednesday, May 20, 2009

Baseball, Baseball, Baseball. . .

Well, yesterday was another day in the life of a field mom. Thomas had pictures and practice that turned out to be a scrimmage. Jack had a game at the same time. So Mark took Jack to his game on one field and I took Thomas for his on the other field. Mark called and gave me updates periodically. Mark called at one point and said, "They just put Jack in to pitch." What? Yes, they put Jack in to pitch his first game ever. Ok, so here I go running up the hill to see Jack pitch his first game ever. Of course they were losing by a lot but Jack did well he struck two kids out, which to me is wonderful. He only got to pitch half an inning but he did well. So I think they will let him pitch again. I only got to see him strike one kid out but Mark said he did strike out two. I was so proud, even though we lost I think it was a victory for Jack.

After that last strike out I ran back to Thomas and his scrimmage. I am sure that was a sight to see me running between the two fields. I am not in the best shape in the world and that proved it to all that were watching. HA HA!! That is the life of the field Mom. You have to run between the fields when you have two playing at the same time. I guess I will be doing that from now on. I would not have it any other way.

Here is to all the field Moms out there. You Rock!

No comments: