Friday, May 1, 2009

When is my day off? Caution: complaining ahead

My husband is taking today off to do some things around the house. He works very hard and he does deserve the day off. But, when do I get my day off? I work very hard too. On his day off he does not have to do anything associated with his business. My business; wife, mother, maid, ect. . . surrounds me and I am never away from it. Don't get me wrong, I love my kids and my husband but this week has been a hum dinger. I could really use a break from it all. Don't we all have days or weeks where we would like to be someone else for a change. Not anyone in particular just not yourself. I would sometimes like to be a hermit on the beach. I love the beach and to be there when no one is around would be great.

I really do love my family but, there are days that I get no privacy, not even in the bathroom. There is always some problem or issue that cannot wait for five minutes for me to pee in peace. Sorry to be graphic. I get up early some mornings just to hear the peace and quiet of my sleeping house. It is so nice. It does not last very long though. The upstairs begins to buzz; wait on me, don't leave me up here by myself, stop following me. Then it spills to the kitchen; that's my seat, that's my milk, don't mess with my stuff. It is a constant battle between the brothers. So again I ask; When is my day off? If I asked my husband he would say, "Take a few hours on Saturday and get your toes done." Yes, that is sweet and he does care but two hours does not equal a day. I know I am asking to much and probably whining to much too. But, it's my blog and I will whine if I want to. No one else will listen to me.

2 comments:

Beth Cotell said...

Getting a pedicure is nice but it does not equal a day off.

I agree. It would be so nice to wake up and not have to make anyone any food. Not have to clean up any messes. Not have to do any laundry. Not have to referee any fighting matches.

Yep! A day off would be nice.

Pampered Mom said...

I vote we start a union. What do ya think? HA HA!!