Monday, May 4, 2009

Sibling Rivalry. . .

Ok, so recently I have noticed something that bothers me about my kids. Jack is being very dominating of Thomas. There is a lot of pushing and shoving and talking down to. I don't like that behavior and I have not seen it before. Yes, they fight and that I can deal with that is just brothers. This new thing though seems like more. I would love to know your thoughts on this so please feel free to comment or email me. pamperedpage@bellsouth.net

Twice this past week Jack has elbowed Thomas to get in front of him for something. The first time he elbowed Thomas, Thomas fell into the corner of the wall and hurt his back. Now I do not tolerate this kind of behavior. Jack was very apologetic after it happened and he told Thomas he was sorry. The next time Thomas was looking at a toy that Jack was playing with and Jack elbowed him back on to the floor. It is sort of an offensive basketball move.

They rode the bus to school this morning so I took them to the bus stop. Jack decided he would jump out and wait on a friend. Thomas also got out. As soon as Thomas was out of the truck Jack jumped back in and said no, I will wait in here and shut the door. Leaving Thomas still outside the truck.

I am used to the normal brother fighting stuff but this seems different. I cannot put my finger on it. Any insight would be helpful.

I have added a new gadget to the blog. You can enter your childs' height, weight, and age and it will calculate what percentile your child is in and also give you an estimate of what your childs' height and weight will be when they turn 20 years old. I do not know how accurate this is but it is kinda cool.

3 comments:

Beth Cotell said...

Is Jack being bullied or pushed around by someone at school? If so, he may be taking it out on Thomas when he gets home.

Or perhaps, he just needs some time away from Thomas. Have they had too much togetherness lately?

Just a couple of thoughts.

Beth Cotell said...

Or maybe he is stressed out about the EOGs. Perhaps he is nervous about those and not quite sure how to articulate his feelings.

Pampered Mom said...

I wish he were worried about the EOG. I don't think he realizes the significance of them yet. He has a real relaxed attitude toward the test.

As for togetherness that may be the issue. Maybe they do need some time away from each other. Luckily this summer he has a few camps sched. that Thomas is not old enough to go to yet.

Thanks for the imput.