Monday, May 11, 2009

Pound Cake and Mothers' Day

I celebrated Mothers' Day with my Mom yesterday by fixing her lunch. My Sister and I planned the meal and then got everything together and had lunch at my Moms for the family. My job was to make a pound cake. We were going to have fresh strawberries and pound cake with real whip cream. Sometimes my cakes do not come out exactly the way they should, either I do not let them cook long enough or I did not add something just right. You know I always mess up recipes. But not this time. This was the most beautiful cake you have ever seen. Yes, I am going to brag. I have never had a cake come out like this before. I had originally planned to use it for a trifle recipe because I would just cut it up into small pieces and layer it with the strawberries and cream in my trifle bowl. But, my cake looked to pretty just to hack it up into little pieces. So I made an executive decision that we would just serve it like strawberry shortcake. I took pictures of it and I will post those too.

Everyone laughed at me for going on about my cake. But, you just do not know the drama that goes on waiting to see if the cake is all going to come out at the same time or come out in pieces. I was very excited that it actually did what it was supposed to do.

I got to spend some quality time with my Mom and Dad since I don't get to see them that often. It was really nice and I did not want to leave. We had a good time talking about the "old times." When my sister and I were younger. We talked about all this with my niece that is a junior in High School and picking her college she wants to attend. She wants to be a Pharmacist. I think she will do well. She is a smart girl. She wants to attend my old Alma Mater. I was telling her about some of my experiences while in school. It was fun to look back on those times. Ahh the memories.... in the corner of my mind.....

No comments: