Wednesday, September 10, 2014

Remembering 9/11

I was still working when the world fell apart in 2001.  I had an almost two year old little boy that had his whole future ahead of him.   We made it thru the Y2K scare right after he was born and now this. 
I don't remember exactly how we found out, I think a patient came in and told us.   My dear sweet hubby had flown out the day before to Dallas on business.  I was so shocked I had to stop and think where he was and when did he leave.  It was late that night before I was able to talk with him.   He was supposed to be in Dallas several days so I was not really worried about him trying to get home. 
I remember just sitting in front of the TV and crying, thinking how could soneone do something so horrific.  I kept thinking I have brought an innocent child into such a hateful world.  Something about looking into his sweet face full of hope and laughter, that was the only way I got through that.  I think everyone held on to their loved ones a little tighter during that year.   Goodness knows I did.  Hubby ended up driving home from Dallas, it took him 24 hours.  He had four other reps with him that he dropped off on the way to our house. 
We did not lose anyone personally during that time but my heart went out to all of those that did.   My heart still aches for all of those affected.   I hope we never forget how precious life is and that we should cherish everyday with our loved ones. 

No comments: