Monday, February 9, 2015

Growing Up. . .

Sprat is getting his own room.  The boys started out in separate rooms when Big T was born.  It was only when we moved that they became roommates.   The upstairs bedrooms are huge!   They had plenty of room and by sharing it they had a huge playroom.  
When Big T came home from the hospital and we were getting him settled in his room, Sprat came to me and asked if he could stay in his room.   He begged to have his little brother stay in his room.  I pointed out how Big T would sometimes cry during the night and might wake him up.  He gave in and decided it would be ok. 
Like I said, when we moved to our current house the rooms were so big that it offered a great play area if they shared a room.  Now that Sprat is a teenager he does need his own space, so we worked all day Saturday cleaning and purging both rooms.   We donated clothes, toys, and books to Goodwill.   We threw a lot of broken toys and junk away.   Sprat's new bed should be here any day now along with a new reclining sofa for us.  Yayyyy!
Big T will have his beds put into bunks again and he will have room for all of his army men and a desk.  They both seem excited but I am a little worried how they will sleep in different rooms.  I still have a good bit of work in both rooms to make them more presentable.   The playroom has always been the place for all of their trophies and sports stuff.  I guess now we either split it up and each will take their own or we box it up and store it.  I still have a lot of clothes to go through some we will keep and the rest will be donated.  I have one closet full of clothes to sort and one closet full of toys to sort.  Ughhhh!  Why do we keep so much junk?  My hubby was quite ill with me because I kept wanting to keep everything, especially their little books that they had when they were little.  I am keeping many of those whether he likes it or not.  Those have special memories for me.  I want to have those to pass down to my grandchildren, if I have any.   Still lots of work to get their rooms in working order.   

No comments: