Monday, February 2, 2015

Teenagers. . .

We celebrated Big T's birthday yesterday at the Super Bowl party.  In another year I will be the mother of two teenage boys, oh my goodness.  Time does march on, whether we want it to or not.   I remember being a new mother, a mother of a preschooler, and a mother of elementary boys.  Time is going by at warp speed, I blinked and now my dear precious babies are growing up.   You want them to grow up but, then again, you want them to be your babies again.   I remember sitting with them laying on my chest sound asleep.   They were so tiny and fragile and they smelled so good.
The top picture is Big T only a week old and the bottom picture is Sprat at about six months old. 
Now they are stinky, grouchy, gruff almost men.   No matter what stage of motherhood you are in, love your babies, they are your babies no matter what their age.  Love them and remind them often of where they came from, that they are a part of you.  


No comments: