Friday, February 27, 2015

Lost on Friday. . . . .

This is not following my plan for my blog but please stay with me.  I had a melt down today after I got home from the orthodontist with Sprat.  I had to go to the dentist this morning so they could do impressions for my implants.  I have never been so excited to go to the dentist before.  I usually hate going to the dentist.  I hate needles and I hate having my mouth opened so wide you could drive a truck through it.   Today I was just happy to not be yelling at my kids for not behaving and having to referee a fight about the X box.  I was happy to see the dental office people and they were so nice.   I think I could have gone to sleep in that chair I was so exhausted from being a mom 24 hours a day for the last 12 or so days of NO SCHOOL because of the snow.   I love my children very much, so please do not misunderstand, if you have kids you can probably sympathize with me and if you do not you may think I am the most horrible person in the world and maybe I am.   Teenagers and tweenagers can be very nasty some days and I am sure they may not realize what they are doing but they are exhausting.  Sprat lost a bracket off of his expander so he had to go to the orthodontist today and have that fixed after I got back from my appointment.  Throw in the fact that I had homework to do for my classes that I have to still work on regardless of the weather and I was at my wits end.   Nobody really notices how stressed a mom is until she starts screaming.  My husband gave me the funniest look of, gee honey what is wrong?  Men are clueless when it comes to signals that a woman is stretched beyond her limits.   I lost it completely.   
Moms do need time to themselves where they are not being pulled in 500 different directions by the many people that need things from them.    It would be nice for someone to say what can I do for you instead of here is what I need you to do for me.   I think when I am over this massive nervous break down I may make this my mission.  Try and do things for the stressed out moms around I know I cannot be the only one feeling this pain.   Just remember when you see that mom out on the streets that does not have on any makeup or is wearing sweat pants or yoga pants she may be having a really bad day and the very best thing you could do is smile and let her know it will be ok because I would lay odds that you have all been here before.  Thanks for listening to me blather on.  

No comments: