Wednesday, February 18, 2015

Crazy week. . .

Sorry I have missed a few days.  Between the weather,  early dismissals, and this massive migraine I have been out of touch.   My migraines are inherited from my mom.  I remember some Sundays she would have to come home and go straight to bed.  She mostly reacted to perfume but occasionally the weather would get her.  I think mine are hormonal and weather related.  I have not had one this bad in at least a year.   This one lasted three days with no relief.  
I am so glad that my classes were cancelled as well as my kids.   I hate the thought of driving in ice or snow.   I got caught at work one time with flurries.  I had gone  in to work on a Saturday to get caught up on some paper work.  It started snowing and I thought it would just snow a little and then be done in our typical fashion.  Hubby calls and tells me I should start heading home because it was getting bad there.  I left and had  to go by our main office before I could go home.  When I got to the main offfice it was coming down pretty good.  I ran in and made some copies and worked on my progress notes.  Hubby calls again and tells me I need to keave now.   I looked out and the parking lot was covered,  so I asked him how I should go home.   Should I go the back roads or the highway?  He said I would be safer to go the back way.  I was in our four wheel drive so I was not really worried except that I had not driven in the snow before.   My drive to work usually took 25 minutes roughly.   This particular nasty day it took 2 1/2 hours to get home.   I have never driven on such bad roads before.   I came to a slope and traffic was backed up the slope and stopped.  I decided I was going to turn around and go a different way.  I was clear to make the U turn but it was so slick that I did a 360 in the middle of the road.  That was terrifying!!!  When I finally came to a stop,  I was still in the road and facing the way I wanted to go so off I went.  I got the lecture of a lifetime when I got home.   I now know I can drive in this mess if I have to but, I hope I never have to again. 

No comments: