Monday, April 25, 2016

Rules to Live By. . .

I must share the sermon from Children's Church yesterday.  I use the website Sermons 4 Kids these are set up with a story and activities for the kids and coloring pages that follow the sermon.   This particular story was taken from John 13:34-35.  This story told of the rules for living, "the Golden Rules for Living."   If we all followed these little rules we would all be so much better off.

If you open it     close it
If you turn it on          turn it off
If you unlock it          lock it
If you move it            put it back
If it belongs to someone else      get permission to use it
If you don't know how to operate it       leave it alone  (men should really pay attention to this one)
If you use it        take care of it
If you break it      admit it
If you can't fix it      call someone who can   (another one for the men)
If you mess it up      clean it up
If it is not your business, don't ask questions

The last one should be, if it is not your business stay out of it.  I think these are awesome and even the lesson said if we all followed these simple rules of life our world would be a much better place.   I love getting to work with our little ones in Church, I always learn something from them.
For my ethics class I had to write my rules to live by or my personal ethics that I followed.  This would have really come in handy for that paper.

No comments: