Wednesday, April 27, 2016

Mad Scientist and Fried Rice. . .

I had a craving for fried rice last night, so I decided to whip some up.  You know what that means, right?   I am like a mad scientist in my kitchen, at times.   I will create a recipe for something in two shakes of a rats tail.  This is how it went:
11/2 cups of Basamati rice
edamame (small bag frozen)
two eggs beaten
3 cloves of garlic pressed
soy sauce
olive oil
11/2 tbsp red curry paste
a little powdered ginger

I have never used Basamati rice before but it worked great in this recipe.   You soak the rice for thirty minutes then rinse and drain.  I cooked mine in a rice cooker.  On the stove, I used a stir fry skillet, heat 2tbsp olive oil and the pressed garlic until aromatic.  Add the red curry paste, if you want it a little more spicy add a little more curry.   Gently scramble your eggs in another skillet and set aside.   Cook your edamame on the stove and set aside.  Add your cooked rice to your stir fry skillet with the garlic and curry paste and mix well.  I add a little soy sauce and then the edamame and gently stir.  Make a hole in the center of the skillet and add the egg, let it get warmed back up and then gently incorporate it into the mixture.   This seems like it would take a long time but, it actually did not take that long.   It was a huge hit with the hubbs and I loved it.  It is not as bad for you as take out or restaurant style stir fry because you do not use as much oil.


No comments: