Monday, April 4, 2016

I Like the Small Campus. . .

We had a great time this weekend.  Met with the Vice President of the college, that was a surprise.   I would wager a guess that the Vice President of NC State would not sit down with a prospective student.  I was very impressed with the campus and all of the student perks and the people.   The student that showed us around was great.  At one point when we were walking across campus, I asked Sprat what he thought about everything.  I expected a smarmy teen answer but, he said he liked the campus and the fact it was smaller.  One thing the Vice President told us was that when doing the college tour thing to pay attention to how the people associated with the college treat you.  He said he took one of his kids on a tour of their dream college and they were treated just like a number.  I am sure that is why he was visiting with each family on the tour personally.  He knew what it felt like to be treated as a number.  All of our other college visits will be compared to this one and I am not sure how they will measure up.  Stay tuned, several more trips to come before a decision is made.  We hope to go to a larger University in June.  
Bless Big T, he got car sick on the way to the college and I had to call my mom to come get him so Sprat and I could do our tour.  Thank goodness mom and dad do not live far from the college, I told Sprat that would be a perk too.  He could go and visit with Gee and Poppy any time he wanted and I know she would feed him.   Below are two of my pictures from our tour;  the first one is the Honors College dorm and the second is  the clock tower on campus near their student center.  

No comments: