Thursday, March 31, 2016

College Visits. . .

Sprat is a sophomore in high school and between football, school and the orthodontist I am afraid we will have little room for college tours next year.  We have our first college tour tomorrow, it is a small private Christian school.  We are starting with a small school so that we will have perspective when we visit a larger campus this summer.  Sprat is still not sure what he wants to major in so we will be visiting many different places.  The one place he is sure he does not want to go is Appalachian State, he hates cold weather.   The way things are going so far, it is a plus that we at least know one place he positively does not want to go.
Yes, we are starting early but, I much prefer to start early than to be late to the party.   I hope visiting a college campus will get him excited about the possibility of going off to college and being on his own.  I will share some pictures of our visit over the weekend so check back.  I will also post a follow up about what we learned on this visit.
This particular school holds some family ties;  my Dad went to this college for a brief time before going on to NC State, one of my uncles played football and graduated from this college, and one of my aunts taught at this college.
By the time all of this is said and done Big T will know everything he needs to know, and then some, about going to college.    Stay tuned. . .

No comments: