Tuesday, March 15, 2016

What are We Living For???

What are we living for?  I know that seems like a harsh question but it is an honest one.  Are you living to work, play, grow, or just be?  A friend of mine posted on Facebook yesterday about as parents are we living in the moment or are we just living to get to the next moment?   I guess what I am asking is are we living and enjoying while it is going on or are we pushing for the next season or thing to come our way?  This is definitely one to mull over a bit since one of my boys is finishing his sophomore year.   We had a little lull after football season this year and I must say it was nice not to feel like I had to rush out the door as often.   I am going to try and live in the moment more this year and not rush so much to get to the next thing.  My boys are growing fast enough as it is and goodness knows I do not want to rush them off too soon.   I will be trying to slow things down a bit, I want to enjoy my time with the boys before they go off to college.
Sprat got aggravated with me the other day because I rubbed his arm.  It sort of hurt my feelings because he jerked away from me like I had some sort of disease.  I am a touchy person, I touch people when I talk to them.  I also touch my kids, it is kind of how I say "I love you" when we are out in public and I do not want to embarrass them.  When he pulled away it really hurt me.  I did not say anything at the time because we were out in public but later that night I did tell him he had hurt my feelings.  He had no idea that is what I was doing.  I hope that now he knows he want be so ugly about his mama touching his arm.   I also run my fingers through their hair but he has gotten so tall I cannot reach his head without stretching.
My goal this year will be to enjoy my little moments with my boys and make great memories with them so that when they do have a family of their own they can tell their kids about their crazy fun mama that tried her best to make life fun.  

No comments: