Wednesday, March 9, 2016

What's Up????

I have run like a mad woman this morning trying to get  caught up on all of my errands.  Sorry I am late on my post.
The hubbs could not drive until after lunch because of his cataract surgery.  He rode with me to take the kids to school and then go to Wal-Mart.   I spend twice as much when he goes with me but, I do like the company.  I have someone to talk to rather than talking to myself as I go up and down the isles.  After Wal-Mart I had to go get my glasses, yes that hateful old age is bearing down on me too.  I now have reading/computer glasses.   The hubbs says I look pretty cute in them.  
As you know we love whacky Wednesday,  so the kids will have pizza tonight but I thought the hubbs and I would try a new recipe.

Coconut Curry Noodle Soup
8oz of chicken
3 garlic cloves
1tbsp fresh ginger
Lime
Red onion
Chicken broth
Coconut milk (canned)
Thai red curry paste
Fish sauce
Rice noodles
Oil
Water

In a large pan over medium heat add  2 tbsp oil, garlic chopped,  ginger grated, and 3 tbsp red curry paste.  Cook til fragrant about 5 minutes.
Add chicken and cook till chicken is no longer pink.  Add  4 cups chicken broth,  1 cup water, 2 tbsp fish sauce, and 2/3 cup coconut milk.  Bring to a boil.  Taste for seasoning.  
Pour liquid over your dried noodles in your bowls.   Add a squeeze of lime. 
You can add your noodles to your pot and cook a bit before you serve.  
I cannot wait to fix this tonight. 
I found this on Pinterest on The Woks of Life.  Check it out.

No comments: