Tuesday, March 1, 2016

Happy Leap Day. .

I meant to share this yesterday but, you know how Monday goes, we were all over the place.

Four years ago on leap day I had the kids write down what they thought they would be like in four years.  I sealed them in an envelope so we could open them today.  I think I will have them do this again today and speculate what they will be like in four years.  
They both described how they would be physically; taller, more facial hair, and playing sports.  Bless my dear sweet Sprat, he is going to be just like his daddy, the hairless wonder.  According to my hubby, he was a junior in college before he really shaved.  
I would like to get the boys to do this again and maybe put a little more thought into it.   Sprat already said, well in four more years I will not be here.  I am not sure exactly where he thinks he will be.  This will always be his home and I hope he will always come back, at least to visit.  
You want your kids to be independent but then you want them to need you just a little every now and then.  You want them to know that they are loved and always welcome in your home.  The way Sprat talks you would think I am going to change the locks on the doors or maybe even move after they go to college and not tell him where we moved.   You know I am not going to do either of those things.  I did have one friend that her parents did move after she went off to college and the house they moved into did not have a room for her.  My room at my moms still looks the same and so does my sisters and my brothers.  Although my sisters' room does have a baby crib in it now so when we brought the grand-babies they would have a place to sleep.  
I do have plans for the boys rooms when they do leave the nest but I am not rushing them out the door.   I think one of them will become a fabulous library and reading/craft room.   Shhhh!!  please do not tell them.  

No comments: