Thursday, March 10, 2016

Moving on Up. . .

I spent a wonderful day today with my wonderful sister and her oldest daughter.  She is in her last year of Pharmacy School at Campbell University and will be doing clinical rotations in my backyard for several months.  Since my house is like a three ring circus on most days they have opted to get an apartment, for her months she will be in town.  I am sure she would like to have her own space too, and not be constantly bombarded by my boys and all the boy stuff I endure on a daily basis.
We searched several different apartment complexes and boy have things changed since I had to find my first apartment.  We went by where I used to live when I first got out of College, and it has gone down hill.  
We had a blast driving around town shopping apartment complexes and navigating the big city.   Wish we lived closer to my family so we could do this more often.   It is nice to have some sister time and niece time.  She will be working in two of our hospital pharmacies during her months here in the big city.  We grew up in a small town and Campbell is also small so this will be an adventure for her for sure.  I showed her the great little dives to eat and cool places to shop.   I like to think of  my nieces as my daughters since I only have rotten little boys.   Sometimes it is nice to have a little girl time with my nieces and my sister.  If you throw our mom in there, well then you better look out, there is no stopping us.  

No comments: