Friday, March 11, 2016

How is Your Budget????

How is everyone doing with their budget?  I learn something new ever time I work on mine.  Remember those budgets are living organisms and that they will change each month and sometimes each week.  I learned during football season that with two boys playing football I need to allocate some extra cash for concessions and gate fees.   Here are some other things that you might want to think about including in your envelopes if you are not already.
Car repairs and oil changes, you are going to have to do these things why not add a little cash to an envelope each pay period and save for them in advance.   This has really saved me, those car fees use to zap my cash flow before I started planning for them.   Do you have an envelope for the barber shop or  beauty shop?  Those can zap a budget too.  I set aside a little money each pay period in my envelope system just for hair.  My hubby asked me this morning if I had any hair money, because he wanted to go by the barber shop on his way home from work.   Entertainment money is also very important, you do not want to feel like you cannot have any fun while on a budget.  We use our entertainment money for movies and sometimes sporting events or concerts.   School fees are another area that can zap my budget.  I use school money during the school year for kids lunches and field trips, I keep saving in my school money envelope even over the Summer and that money is used to buy school supplies at the beginning of the year.   School fees and supplies can also zap that budget but if you are planning for it there is no fear.  I feel as if I have really accomplished something if I can buy all of the new school supplies and pay school fees with my envelope money.  Do you have pets?  I have my beautiful Basil and I also have a Pet envelope, I set aside a certain amount each pay period for my sweet Basil too.  I pay for her food, toys, and vet visits out of her envelope.  I am sure you know vet bills can really stack up if something bad happens to Rover, but if you are saving a little at a time they will not blow up your budget.   Do you save money for your home repairs?  I have an envelope for that too.   With my Home Repair envelope I pay for:  my annual heat and air check up, to have my gas logs cleaned, pest inspection and any type of appliance repair.  Each of these would surely blow your budget crazy but, if you plan there is no fear.
These are just a few of my categories that you may not have thought about for your cash envelope system.   The basis for this system is your grandma or great grandma and Dave Ramsey tweaked it and I have tweaked mine.   The great thing about this system is that you can customize it to fit your needs and it is very easy to follow.   I do not get kick backs for any of my posts, I write about things I like and that work for me.  This envelope system is the best and if you use it right, it will help you curb your spending.

No comments: