Thursday, March 3, 2016

Updates on the Family. . .

It has been a year today since my hubby had to have surgery on his knee for a torn quadricep tendon and muscle.   I thank everyone that prayed for us during this time last year as we struggled to cope and recuperate.  Looking back I know that God watched over us and held us up as we made our way through the year.  This was a huge event in out life and it is easy to look back and see where God worked in our lives, but what about all the little things he does every day.  I have mentioned before about journaling and how I keep a prayer journal.  I try to write in it every evening before I go to bed, this helps me get things that are troublesome off of my mind and on paper and turned over to God so that I can sleep.  When you keep a prayer journal you can go back and look and see how God has worked in your life.  It is amazing to see what he really does and sometimes you cannot be aware of it if you are not writing it down.   So, with the hubbs injury it is really easy to see how God walked with us through this difficult time.  He will never be 100% but he is pretty darn close these days.  It took a good six months of physical therapy to get him here.  
Big T has begun Lacrosse and is having a ball.  The group he plays with had a professional Lacrosse player, Casey Powell, come and gave a skills demo and teach the boys a few things.  This guy was great, he played in high school, college and is now playing professionally.  The boys loved watching him and listening to all he had to share with them.   He worked with them for two hours and did drills for the skills he was teaching them.  He then stayed for autographs and photo opportunities.   Big T is loving Lacrosse, we have a Jamboree coming up this week, I am going to be taking lots of pictures.  I am practicing my new hobby of photography.  
Sprat is getting geared up for football in the Fall.  The high school has already started weight lifting and conditioning after school.   He is doing well in weight lifting, he  benches 225 lbs. and he is squatting 320 lbs.  He has really grown this last year and I think he is going to do well in football.  He has still not gotten his drivers license yet.   I hope he will be ready to get it in the next few months.  I am not rushing him though because I want him to be ready.  This perplexes me because when I was ready to get my license you could not have held me back for anything.  There are several kids his age that have not gotten their license and I cannot figure it out.  I am not rushing, he will do it when he is ready.  There must be a reason, I just do not know what it is.
We have a lot to look forward to this year so stay tuned. . .

No comments: