Tuesday, March 22, 2016

This and That. . . Random. . .

I started looking for a good planner/calendar to keep up with the kids schedule, the hubbs schedule, and my own schedule.   I, of course went to Pinterest to see what everyone else was using.  I found this thing called the bullet journal.  I was intrigued by it because you kind of created your own as you went.  I started this one with a notebook I had laying around the house, nothing fancy.  There are videos on how to set this up, like I said you can structure this one to fit your lifestyle and needs.  I am a fly by the seat of my pants kinda girl anyway so this really fit me.  I have been using mine for almost a month now and I have really been able to stay on top of everyone's appointments.   It has a place to write in a daily log what has been going on and it also has a spot for journal entries.  I love keeping a journal and I have a prayer journal that I keep but this journal is more about day to day things random thoughts and feelings.  I also have a blog section where I write blog topics that I might want to write on.  I do come across things during the day and think hmmmm, I might want to write on that later.  I have added a page dedicated to the things I love.  This is where I write down things that I love, just random words or thoughts.  You know that my journal/planner would not be complete without a section dedicated to saving money and keeping track of spending and saving.   So I have a couple pages dedicated to financial stuff.   I have days 1-15 listed and out beside the day I write down what bills are due, an average amount for that bill, and if it is something that is an automatic draft I make a note of that too.  On the next page I have the days 16-31 and I write out the bills that are due on those days.  This is really helpful when budgeting your paycheck, if you get paid twice a month.  I believe in keeping things simple and there is no reason to re-invent the wheel.  I found this on Pinterest and have adapted it to fit me.  This bullet journal gives you a jumping off spot to get you started keeping a journal as well as a calendar.  I mentioned above about my page dedicated to the things I love, the picture below is on the opposite page of my "my loves" page.  This is a drawing that Big T did for a poster at school.  It is the Campbell camel, my Alma mater.

No comments: