Friday, March 25, 2016

Happy Good Friday. . . .

We planted part of the garden yesterday.  We have three rows of potatoes, four rows of sweet peas, and three rows of onions.  I love sweet peas so much my hubby hopes that by planting more rows he will actually get to freeze some of them.  We only froze a very small portion last year because I ate most of them raw.  I have always loved raw sweet peas, I used to go to my mother's garden and pick the peas and eat them while I was playing outside.  Today the hubbs hopes to plant some broccoli plants, cabbage plants and some lettuce.  Sprat loves the potatoes and Big T loves the lettuce.  
It is funny to think back on last year at this time, the hubbs was trying to recover from his torn quadriceps tendon and muscle surgery and we were not sure we would even have a garden.  I feel very blessed that the hubbs brother planted our garden last year.  I also feel very blessed to see that my hubby is back on his feet and going strong.  
My hubby is my rock, he is always there to cheer me own in what ever I am doing.  He makes me laugh, cry, and sometimes cuss but I am blessed to call him; husband, friend, and love of my life.   I will soon have the pleasure of celebrating twenty-three years of wedded bliss with him.   I am proud to say that after twenty-three years that he still makes my heart skip a beat here and there.   We enjoy spending time together; whether it is working in the yard, snuggled on the couch watching a movie, fishing, or watching our boys play whatever sport they are playing.
The kids are going to clean gravestones today at our graveyard to prepare for the Easter sunrise service.   Our graveyard serves several Churches and each of the youth groups clean the stones and the women's fellowship groups decorate the graves with fresh flowers.   Our Easter sunrise service is beautiful, if you have never been to one I highly recommend it, it is a very emotional experience.   The Church bands are scattered along the hill and they play as the move toward the center of the cemetery where they converge and play as one band.  It really is the most beautiful and moving service.

No comments: