Tuesday, March 29, 2016

A Letter to Me at 15. . .

If you could write a letter to yourself at 15 what would you say?  Here is what I would write.
Dearest Me;
Please spend more time on your studies and less time on boys, they will break your heart.  The man of your dreams will not be ready for you until you have graduated college and started your first official job.   Do not tie your self down to one boy, and enjoy your friends.  Do not quit dancing, you will regret it.   Do not sweat the small stuff, nobody really cares.  Every opportunity to travel that you have, go for it.  When aunt Linda offers to take you to Costa Rica GO!    Spend more time with your horses and showing.   Have faith in you.

What would your letter look like?  This is kinda what mine would say.  This is why I am always encouraging my kids to step out of their box and be weird.   Normal is boring.   I want my kids to be able to stand on their own two feet and not depend on anyone else for their happiness.   Life is too short to depend on others to make you happy, make your own happiness.
Below are pictures of two of my loves, my sweet Patches and my very handsome hubby.  

No comments: