Thursday, February 25, 2016

What Happened to Wednesday????

Sorry I missed ya yesterday, things started out pretty normal.  I had an eye appointment and then met the hubbs for lunch.  While we were at lunch storms rolled in and we were trapped at the restaurant for an extended amount of time.  High winds and lots of rain made my drive home a little sketchy.   Had  to pick Big T up at school for his doctors' appointment, he has a plantars' wart on the bottom of his heel and was complaining of pain in his Achilles tendon.   Big T hates going to the doctor especially if there is any chance they might do something to him.   I have never taken my kids to a pediatrician, they have always seen a family doctor.  Our family doctors are wonderful and Big T loves the PA that he routinely sees and thank goodness she knows us, has a sense of humor, and knows Big T.   It turned out that the wart on the bottom of the heel needed to be frozen off and you can just imagine how that went.  The tendon will require ice and rest.  Thank goodness Lacrosse practice was cancelled last night because of the weather.  
The hubbs and I had some crab dip at lunch and it reminded me of a place we used to go when we would go to Charleston to visit my brother at school.  He graduated from the Citadel.  The Trawler was an awesome place to eat and they had the BEST crab dip any where.   They also had a light house outside of the restaurant and my sister and I would go up to the top and look out while we waited to be seated.  The hubbs and I went to Kiawah one summer and made a treck to Charleston and tried the restaurant that is where the Trawler used to be and it was not as good.  I am not sure if the Trawler is there now or not.  Here is a recipe I found called Trawler crab dip, not sure if it is the same one but I am going to give it a shot, this is a cold dip.

Trawler Crab Dip

1 cup crab meat (fresh would be great canned is ok)
1 8oz pkg cream cheese softened
1/2 cup mayo
4 tbsp Worcestershire sauce
2 tbsp prepared horseradish
2 tbsp butter melted
1/2 tsp garlic salt  ( I do not like adding salt so I use garlic powder or fresh garlic pressed)

mix together and chill for at least two hours then serve with crackers.

I found this recipe on  www.city-data.com

This brings back great memories of family vacations and family visits to Charleston.

No comments: