Wednesday, February 3, 2016

Clean Yummy Recipes. . .

I have several friends that are trying to eat clean, whether they are doing a challenge or just trying to eat a little better so, the following are for those very sweet ladies and anyone else that is interested in eating clean.  I cannot tell you where I got these because I compiled a few different recipes together to get the flavor I like.  Here we go. . .

Mediterranean Lentil Salad

1/2 cup dried lentils
2 1/2 cups water
1/2 tsp salt
1 bay leaf
1 tomato finely chopped
1/4 cup finely diced red onion (these give a great flavor so don't skimp)
1 red and green pepper seeded and finely chopped
2tbsp  parsley (fresh is better but dried is ok too)
1 sprig of fresh mint ( needs to be fresh not dried and don't leave this out.  It really is good)
zest and juice one lemon
1 tsp lemon zest
2 tbsp olive oil
1 garlic clove pressed (use fresh here too)
1/2 cup black olives
Fresh mozzarella cheese balls

Rinse your lentils and remove any stones.  Bring water to a boil and then add: lentils, salt, bay leaf and simmer uncovered for 20 minutes or until lentils are tender.  Drain and remove and discard bay leaf.  Let lentils cool.
Whisk together lemon juice, olive oil, lemon zest, and garlic.  Add lentils, tomato, cheese, mint, olives, parsley, onion, and peppers.  Toss gently and refrigerate for at least two hours.

This is really good, one of my favorites.

This next one is a favorite, I first had this at one of my sisters' bridal showers.  It was so good I found a recipe and you know me.  I always change and adapt to my taste and you can too.  This is Gazpacho a cold very yummy tomato soup that is loaded with veggies.

Gazpacho

2 1/2 cups tomato or vegetable juice
1 cup peeled seeded finely chopped fresh tomatoes
1/2 cup finely chopped celery ( I do not often use this because the hubbs does not like celery)
1/2 cup finely chopped cucumber
1/2 cup finely chopped green bell pepper
1/2 cup finely chopped green onion
3 tbsp white wine vinegar
2 tbsp olive oil
1 large clove garlic pressed
2 tsp finely chopped fresh parsley ( I use dried)
1/2 tsp salt
1/2 tsp Worcestershire sauce
fresh ground black pepper

Put all ingredients in a glass bowl and refrigerate overnight.  Serve cold.  This is yummy!!

These are very low calorie but very filling recipes and both are favorites of mine.
Enjoy. . .


No comments: