Monday, February 8, 2016

Another Teenager in the Clan. . .

We celebrated awesome thirteen this weekend, Big T is now a teenager.   We partied all weekend, this little boy has had more cake in the past seventy-two hours than should be allowed.   He has been quite popular on the telephone too. 
Kids really should talk on the phone with adults more to learn proper phone etiquette.   Thank goodness my folks live away so that my kids have learned good phone etiquette.  If kids only talk to each other on the phone they do not learn this as quickly and if all they do is text they will never learn.  Big T had a bad habit of just hanging up on my mom when he felt he was finished with the conversation.   He did not say goodbye or anything.  He now understands that he needs to end the conversation with a goodbye before hanging up.   That was a tricky thing to try and teach.   
Some days I feel all alone trying to teach my kids good manners.  I feel like everyone around me is trying to sabotage me and them at every turn.  I keep trying though, slow and steady.   
There are many days that I feel all alone tackling this job of motherhood.   You love your kids and you want to do what is best for them and you have everyone around you telling you that you are doing it wrong.  Why is it we are so judgmental of mothers and why do some feel the need to criticize mothers at every turn.  There is so much pressure out there these days on moms to do and be everything to everyone.     
Parenting is a tough job and it is a thankless job too.  This is for all the moms out there doing their best.  Take a deep breath and know you are not alone.  Give yourself a pat on the back because you are doing a difficult job in a difficult time.   

No comments: