Friday, February 5, 2016

Tax Time. . .

As we begin a new year, do you want to be more organized?   I know I am trying my best to be organized.  When thinking about your taxes organization is key to success.   Here is what I do. 
I have a folder where I keep all of my bills, it stays in the kitchen so that I can keep up with it.  Once the bill is paid it goes to another folder in my file cabinet.  I also have a separate file folder for tax documents.   This folder also stays in the kitchen so that as the mail comes in I can put things where they belong.   If I do not sort it as it comes in  I end up covered in piles of paper.  I also throw anything away as soon as I realize I do not need it.  I would bet you have fallen victim to those piles of paper too. 
Now you should have a small folder with bills that need to be paid in your kitchen or wherever your command center is.  You should have a  larger  folder for  your paid bills.  Your tax records can be kept in a smaller folder but kept close at hand as things come in during the first of the year. If you keep everything organized  from the beginning,  tax time will be easier and less stressful. 
I just finished straightening everything out for the beginning of a new year.  Below is a picture of my folder where I put my bills to be paid.  This folder has a large magnet on the back so it hangs in the fridge.
Good luck!  And breathe. . .

No comments: