Tuesday, February 23, 2016

Practice Pinnie and Shooter Shirt. . . LAX

Big T started Lacrosse practice last night and I am learning all sorts of new lingo.  I have always been a ball field mom but a Lacrosse field is a whole other animal.   For instance a "practice pinnie" I thought was some sort of thing to practice your stick movement, like a practice ball or something.  It is in fact a practice jersey.  Ha ha ha ha!!   A "shooter shirt" is the shirt that goes under their pads and jersey for game days.  Yes, they wear pads in Lacrosse similar to football pads but much smaller.  I have so much to learn about this sport.  I am so glad that Big T is branching out and trying something new.  He had a blast last night at practice.  He only knows one other kid on his team so he will have a chance to make new friends.  
The night they did their evaluations there was one kid that was kinda mean to Big T.   He sort of picked on Big T because he had never played Lacrosse before and did not really know what he was doing.  T was a little bothered by it but he let it slide.  As it turns out this kid is on his team and last night he came up to Big T and apologized for the way he had acted the night before.  I was very impressed and so was Big T, so he is already learning some very important lessons.  I know it must have been very hard for that kid to apologize to Big T but I applaud both he and his parents.  This kid is setting a wonderful example for everyone.   I think I am going to like Lacrosse.  
Both of the boys are still going to play football but while Sprat is playing baseball, Big T will be playing Lacrosse.  Stay tuned I am sure I will have some more funny things to tell you about this new experience.

2 comments:

Beth Cotell said...

Poor Thomas! I hope he feels better soon!

Pampered Mom said...

Thanks Beth, he will be fine in a few days. He is loving Lacrosse.