Tuesday, February 16, 2016

The Kids are Watching. . .

My two classes this semester may be the death of me.  Juvenile Delinquency is a really hard subject.  I thought since I am raising two of my own delinquents I should be able to grasp this subject.  I did not realize how much there was to the whole delinquent aspect of juveniles.   I mentioned a little yesterday about how kids imitate what their parents do.  I know I am just like my mother, as much as I do not want to admit it.   I do not mean that my mom was not a great mother, because she was the best a girl could ask for but she babies my dad so much.  She also babies my husband when we are visiting.  My husband loves it, he thinks he has died and gone to heaven because my mom will wait on him hand and foot.   I do wait on my husband sometimes but not all of the time.   My husband and I help each other.  I feel pretty lucky because there are days that I just do not want to fix anything for anybody to eat and he will step in and fix for everyone, even me.   He makes the best pancakes and egg sandwiches.   I do love a man that can cook even little things like pancakes and eggs.   He is the master on the grill, I hate even thinking about having to grill anything.   He can grill anything if it will fit on the grill.  He has done chicken, stuffed peppers, burgers, steak, potatoes, and veggies.  Once the weather warms up and we start working the garden again I will have to share some of his famous grill recipes.
I hope that my boys pick up on how giving and caring their dad is and I hope they will imitate that when they have girlfriends and wives.   Boys learn to how to treat girls by watching their dads and they also learn how they should be treated by watching their moms.

No comments: