Monday, February 1, 2016

What a Great Day. . .

The hubbs took the day off and we did our errands today.  Great day spending time with my best friend.  I love him dearly but I do hate going to Wal Mart with him, which is where we had to go today.  I always spend way too much money when he goes with me and today was no surprise.  I do accomplish more with him but I cannot figure out how.  We also had a little range therapy.  We spent the morning at the shooting range trying out their wares.  It is amazing how much stress that can relieve.  We shot several different weapons they had to rent; .38 snub nose, Glock .40, and a shotgun. I really liked the shotgun, it did not kick near as much as I expected.
The range that we go to is an indoor range and they offer a variety of classes from: concealed carry, kids classes, basic pistol, and self defense.  A year or so ago I took Sprat up for a one on one gun safety session with one of the instructors.   He gave a detailed classroom lesson on safety and then we went in the range and Sprat got to shoot.   Side note, he is an excellent shot.  You may be saying, well we do not own guns or my kids are not going to be around guns.  Do you know for a fact that the children your child plays with parents do not own guns?  There is always the possibility that your child might be faced  with a situation that involves a gun.  You want your child to know what to do and what not to do.  I have not taken Big T up there yet but I figure this summer we will work that in.  You can always talk about gun safety when your kids are playing with their airsoft or BB guns.  Those are great ways to introduce gun safety, what to do and what not to do.  I started that with Big T last year when we were shooting the BB gun.   The main points to cover are;  never point the gun at anything you do not intend to shoot, keep your finger off the trigger until you are ready to shoot, and treat every gun as if it is loaded.  These are all good things that kids should be aware of even when using their BB or airsoft guns.  Big T got shot in the face with an airsoft gun at a friends house due to a ricochet, it was a complete accident but it scared him enough to really pay attention to what is going on around him.  

No comments: