Tuesday, April 12, 2016

Living in the Little Moments. . .

I have been staying focused and living in the moment.  We had a fabulous weekend filled with lacrosse,  Church, youth lunch, and double header baseball to finish things off.  Two big wins for Big T and lacrosse, two hard losses to start our baseball season.   Very proud of Sprat he pitched 3 innings and struck out 5.  He was a little slower getting his bat going but boy, when he got warm,  he bounced one off the fence and knocked the third baseman on his booty with the other one.  I love watching my boys play ball.  They always keep it exciting. 
Yesterday the hubbs took the day off and we had our traditional breakfast date and then on to our errands.  I know there are many men out there that would not take their wives around for her errands but my guy does not mind.  In fact he took me to a new grocery store to try that is not too far, and it was great.  I will definitely go back.  Wonderful morning spent with one of the three best men I have known.  The other two my daddy and my daddy-in-law.  My very sweet father-in-law passed away when Big T was two.  I miss him, I wish my kids would have had the chance to get to know him.   I see him in both of my boys and most certainly in my hubby.  I think Big T resembles him the most, it is something about their eyes.  
Sad, sad day at my house this morning, my dear sweet Big T informed me that he knows about the Tooth Fairy.  He pulled a tooth last night and left it for the Tooth Fairy but, there was some question before he pulled it whether it was ready or not.  He was terribly afraid it would fall out during the night and he would swallow it.  He has been wanting it out for the past two days and I kept telling him it was not quite ready.   The Tooth Fairy must have been very busy last night because she forgot to come by our house.  Big T came down for breakfast and I saw his dish still on the table with no money I did not know what to do.  I told him the Tooth Fairy did not think it was ready either and that is why she did not leave him any money.  Ughhhh, no Mom of the year awards this week.  That is when he looked up at me with his BIG brown eyes and said, "Mom, I know."  I asked, you know what?  He said, "I know about the Tooth Fairy and have known for three years."  Ughhhhh  NOOOoooooooo!  It cannot be true, my heart still laying on the floor.  

No comments: