Tuesday, July 12, 2016

Spring Cleaning and My Sanity. . .

While the hubbs was at his interview yesterday I decided to keep myself busy that I would do some Spring cleaning.   I started by cleaning up the kids school stuff, yes their school stuff was still laying in my living room.  I even had their stuff last year still in there.
I have a hope chest with two leather boxes on top of it and in my "ideal" mind their school papers would be in those boxes and periodically I would empty those boxes throughout the year.  Well, their boxes had not been emptied or even looked at in two years.  I spent the majority of my morning going through school papers and discarding what I did not want to keep.  I have a plastic box for each kid, for each year with their school things in them.  I have a great little storage area so I have lots of room to keep them.  Yes, I am a pack rat and I am a little ashamed to admit it but, I cannot help myself.  This is where my "ideal" little mind comes in to play again.  When the kids get ready to go off and start their own families I would like to go through their boxes and remember all the field days and special moments they each have had and then send them on their way with their boxes.  My reality may be ending up on an episode of Hoarding, surrounded by old magazines and plastic boxes full of memories.
I did get a lot of stuff organized and thrown away, yes, I did throw quite a bit of stuff away.   Next, I attacked my kitchen cabinets.  I have some crystal and silver on top of my cabinets as part of my decor.  I have not cleaned any of that in a while so they were pretty greasy from being in the kitchen.  I polished all of my silver and washed all of the crystal and everything looks really nice.  I feel like I have accomplished a little but, I have so much more to do.  I think today I will clean out my cabinets. I have so much junk and some of it really needs to go so that I can put away the things I really want and need to keep.  
As the hubbs starts his interview process my cleaning is going to be more intense.  I clean to keep my self distracted as long as I am distracted and busy I do not worry as much.

"Look, I myself will be with you every day until the end of this present age."  Matthew 28:20
My d365 devotion today.  He knows what I need and when I need it.
Stay tuned more on the job front, this interview went well and he is in the running and there are two other jobs that he will be interviewing for soon.

No comments: