Tuesday, July 19, 2016

Update Tuesday. . .

Sprat came home from camp on Saturday and I spent most of the day airing out the funk.  Washed all grades of laundry and used almost an entire can of Lysol on what I could not put in the washer.  He had fun and I guess that is the important part.  He swears he took two showers a day but, I am not sure I believe all that.
We were treated to a great baseball game by my brother-in-law and his wife on Sunday after Church.  We had awesome seats and all you can eat food and ice cream and we were in the shade.  Shade was pretty important on Sunday.  We had several foul balls hit out way and scared the life out of me.  My head is a magnet for foul balls.  Every game we have ever been to, at least one if not more foul balls have almost hit me in the head.  My dear hubby has saved me on more that one occasion, by mere inches.   We had upper deck seats for this game and they also gave us wine and beer passes for the bar.  The hubbs and I rarely drink but when it is free and you have a driver we might indulge.  The over 21's got a different colored arm band for the bar.   The young man that was giving us our arm bands gave all of the adults a band without asking our age.  Big T of course he did not ask because he knew he was too young but, he asked Sprat if he was 21 and wanted an arm band.   Ughhhhh, Noooooo!!!   I guess because Sprat is tall he looks older than he is but he does not look 21, that of course is a Mom's opinion.   He is only sixteen.
Yesterday was College tour day for Sprat and I.  We took a road trip with a good friend and her son that is good friends with Sprat.   Our friend is interested in going to this College, Sprat not so much.  I wanted Sprat to see this campus because it is a larger campus than the one we went to earlier this year.  He needed to see that on some campuses that you cannot just walk out of your dorm and right into your classroom or be at your classroom with-in five minutes.   The food that this larger campus has to offer did intrigue him, they have really good places for the kids to eat on campus and they are covered by the meal plan.  It is a much larger city so there are more things to do around the campus and I did like that they offered a bus system for the students to get around and all they had to do was show their student ID.   Before the visit Sprat was sure he did not want to go to this particular College but after, he was not all that sure anymore.   That is the big reason we are going on all of these tours and visiting the different campuses because you just do not know until you see it for yourself.   I am amazed at the different perks that are offered to the students as well.  We had fun and it was really nice to be able to visit this College with friends.


Sprat listening intently at the College information session.
He really hates having his picture taken.

My very handsome boys at the game.

This was where the foul ball landed behind us.

No comments: