Thursday, July 21, 2016

Teen Driver Interview for Insurance. . .

The Insurance agent interview went well and I am really glad that our agent required this.  I wish all agents would require it, it might change the way some of these kids act behind the wheel.  As a parent you can tell your child what a huge responsibility it is to drive a car and how important it is to pay attention at all times.   When another adult that is in authority talks to your kids about this "privilege" and, yes it is a privilege for a teen to be driving, if you let them think otherwise that is your first mistake.
 Our insurance agent is a retired city police officer and also a former military police officer and he takes his job of insuring young drivers very seriously, as he should.   He had a very frank talk with Sprat about the seriousness of being behind the wheel and communicating with his parents about where he is and following a curfew.  I hope that Sprat will take heed to what he heard yesterday and remember that every time he goes out the door and drives off that we will be in a panic until we know that he arrived at his destination.   He made Sprat set up a contact for him in his phone and told him if anything happens and he cannot get in touch with the hubbs or I he can call him.  That is true customer service and something that the hubbs and I value very much.  That is comforting to know that there will be someone out there that will be there for my kids if they ever need it.
If you sell auto insurance and you insure minors I hope that you will take some of what I have shared here and do the same with your clients, they will appreciate it.   This is our agents requirement before he will sign off so that the minor can go to the DMV and get their license.
I had heard from many of my friends that their insurance went up two thousand dollars or so and I was pleasantly surprised that ours only went up $800 a year by adding Sprat.   Our agent said that our company that we have our auto with was very good to minors and we have multiple policies with them so that helped too.  With everything going on with the hubbs and the job front I was so relieved to find out that it was not going to go up that much.  Whewwww!!!
Stay tuned for more on the job front, some new prospects showed up yesterday so we may have news there this week.

No comments: