Friday, July 29, 2016

Recipe of the Day. . .

I love a good devotion and throw in a good recipe with it and that is like having your cake and eating it too.  No pun intended.  One of the hubbs nieces gave me this book for Christmas, I know that I have posted on it before but I thought I would share one of the recipes.  This is Hotcakes and Hallelujahs by Stacey Roberts.  I was reading a devotion from it this morning about giving thanks in all situations and how true that is.  The hubbs was downsized in May and he still does not have a job but we are not destitute just yet.   Because they let him go they had to true up all of his bonus for his quota attainment which was a lot.  We were able to add to our emergency fund for the emergency his company created.  I keep telling my very sweet hubby that God wanted him out of that situation and that God has a plan for our family.  We are not privy to his plan in advance we must trust him and have faith.  We are trusting Him and I am trying to get my hubby to take advantage of  this time off and enjoy his family.
Here is my recipe for today, these are Sabbath Day Spice Muffins

1/3 cup shortening
1/2 cup sugar
1 egg
1 1/2 cup flour
1 1/2 tsp baking powder
1/2 tsp salt
1/2 tsp ground nutmeg
1/2 cup milk

Topping
1/2 tsp cinnamon
1/4 cup butter, melted

Preheat oven 325.  In a large mixing bowl cream shortening, sugar, and egg.  In medium bowl combine flour, baking powder, salt and nutmeg.   Add the medium bowl to the shortening mixture slowly along with milk.
Grease muffin tin and fill with batter bake for 20-25 minutes until golden.  Let cool for a few minutes
Topping:  combine sugar and cinnamon.  Roll warm muffins in melted butter and then in the sugar mixture.  
This recipe says it makes 8-10 muffins.

I am going to try this one today.

No comments: