Saturday, April 11, 2009

Easter Eggs

Ok, so I am late doing my eggs. I boiled them yesterday and we dyed them today. I did 13 eggs and Jack asked, "Mommy why did you do so many?" I told him usually they crack in the boiling and I only get half of what I boil. Well, this time I did it a little different. I put the eggs in cold water and put them on the burner on low. I let them gently warm on low then I gradually increased the heat this way they do not crack. I am usually rushing around and I hurry my eggs to boil and they crack and usually make ugly deviled eggs.

Today we dyed all 13 eggs. None of them cracked. Yeah!!! The kids each got six to dye and Mark got one. He is such a big kid. When we were getting the dye ready he reminded me of the times before we had kids and we still dyed eggs. Yes, we dyed eggs before we had kids. We are still just kids at heart.

Happy dyeing to you all. Happy Easter

No comments: