Tuesday, April 28, 2009

We have a winner. . .

I have been trying new recipes out on my family the last several weeks and I think I found a keeper this time. I am trying to get my kids to eat something other than chicken nuggets (Jack) and cereal (Thomas). The poor little things have been made to eat zucchini, pasta, and regular old spaghetti. I was watching the foodnetwork the other night and the Barefoot Contessa was on. She usually is making something hard but this time it looked pretty simple. I am all about simple in the kitchen. She was making pesto pasta and something else I don't remember. I thought the pesto pasta looked really good. So yesterday I went to the Farmers' Market to get some fresh produce and some other goodies.

We played in the yard yesterday until 7pm. It was such a beautiful day I hated to be indoors. I ran in and began dinner. Here is what we had:

Bow tie pasta cooked per box
Knorr pesto sauce prepared by package

throw them together and top with fresh Parmesan cheese and there ya go.

The Barefoot Contessas' recipe was a little more complicated than that so I just adjusted it so it would be simple.

This makes a huge bowl of pasta. That was our dinner. The kids loved it. Yeah, I know I was shocked too. Thomas even talked about how much he liked the little bow ties. It was a big hit at my house. This can be eaten cold or hot. We ate ours warm. On the TV they were doing theirs cold with some veggies on top. I really thought I was pushing my luck with the pesto so I did not add the veggies. I will try that one next time.

If you like the foodnetwork you can go to their website: www.foodnetwork.com and find any of the recipes the hosts are doing on TV or find out what they will be doing later in the week.

Until we eat again. . .

No comments: