Monday, April 6, 2009

It's fun to be a kid. . .

Yesterday as the wind blew like crazy we were cooking out. Thomas decided he wanted to play with his bubbles. So he took his bottle of bubbles out and was blowing them everywhere. I decided it looked like fun and I was between things cooking in the kitchen so I grabbed a bottle of bubbles and joined him on the deck. I don't think I have laughed that hard in quite some time. I did not even have to blow to get my bubbles going. I just held my little wand in the air and the wind blew my bubbles for me. I had so much fun just being one of the kids.

Sometimes I think we need to be a little silly every now and then. It is good for our kids to see us that way too. It is also a good way to blow off steam. I must have filled the neighborhood with bubbles. You can get your bubbles at the dollar store in a three pack and they are scented too. It's a cheap thrill.

My challenge to you is be a kid this week sometime with your kids. Let them see you be silly and have some fun on their level. I would recommend the bubbles.

No comments: