Wednesday, April 8, 2009

Little Compliments. . .

We had enrichment at school today. I volunteer at our elementary school and teach PE to the kindergarten classes on Wednesdays. I dressed a little differently today because it was also Honors Assembly. The assembly is where they recognize the A and A-B Honor Roll kids. I went to it first so I did not wear my typical t-shirt and yoga pants. I guess the kids were shocked to see me in street clothes because I had more compliments today than I have had in months about my appearance. The first class I went in to the little girls ran up to me and said, "you look so pretty." I told them thank you and went on my way. The next class, again the little girls were telling me how pretty I looked. I thanked them and we went on our way. My last class was Thomas's class and one of the little girls ran up to me and said, "you look beautiful!" I am not exaggerating several of the other mothers heard her. It took me back actually.

I must look really bad the rest of the time or I looked exceptionally good today. I don't know which one I prefer. It may have been that I had on their favorite color. I was wearing pink.

Maybe I should wear pink more often. Those kids made my day. Sometimes the little compliments mean the most.

2 comments:

Beth Cotell said...

You did look great. Pink is a good color for you!

And I did hear the little girl in Thomas' class tell you she thought you looked beautiful...guess I'll be wearing pink next week! :0)

Pampered Mom said...

Thank you, you are too kind. I really think Pink is the key.