Wednesday, April 29, 2009

Physical . . .

Ok, I went for my physical on Monday. Not the Gyn one but the regular blood, blood pressure, ect. . . The PA told me I was ok. I even had an EKG and it was normal. Now I have to schedule that ever popular mammogram. Or, as I like to call it the booby smasher. Sorry, that was childish wasn't it. We all have to have them done and with May approaching I guess it is as good a time as any. May is Pampered Chefs' Help Whip Cancer Month. We donate money to the American Cancer Society (ACS) every May for a special set of products that are pink. A $1 from each one goes back to the ACS for help with education materials.

More than 180,000 women are diagnosed with breast cancer each year. Breast Cancer is considered a womans disease but nearly 1,000 men receive a diagnosis of breast cancer annually. I encourage all of you ladies to get your mammograms and your annual physicals even the Gyn ones. Early detection is the key. I feel very strongly about all this because I have several family members affected by breast cancer. If anyone needs help with paying for their mammograms their is help for that too. www.breastcancerrelief.org this group offers assistance to women in need.

No comments: