Wednesday, April 1, 2009

Garden Update. . .

Ok, I have some onions popping through. I think all the rain we have had is doing some great things for my little garden. I may have some spinach coming up too. It is a little harder to distinguish. No lettuce yet. Lowes Hardware has blueberry bushes on sale this week if anyone is interested. I love blueberries. We had two last year and I think one of the neighborhood kids killed one of them. So now I only have one. Mark is going to get me two more. They are really easy to grow. I never really had enough to put in the fridge. Every time we had any one the bush we would just pick them and eat them right there. I hope if I do get two more bushes that I will have enough to put some in the fridge. My fig tree was the same way. I always ate them as they got ripe on the tree. I never had enough to put in the fridge. I love fresh figs. If nothing else I will have onions and figs this year, Yummmm.

I have to brag a little about my kids today. We got report cards. Jack made the A honor roll again and Thomas got all M's. That means most of the time. For Kindergarten that is good. I am so proud of my boys. Jack also got an S in conduct which is good too. We have had issues there due to talking. Wonder where he gets that? I bet it is from his Daddy.

No comments: