Monday, June 8, 2009

Allergies. . .

This is a hives update. Thomas is doing well, he only has welts every now and then. I went to find me a new vacuum cleaner the other day and I was not impressed with what I found. I went to Lowes and they had a lot of the wind tunnel type vacuums. I do not like those I had one once and it did not do the job I needed plus it was messy. I was looking for a vacuum with a bag. This way once I vacuum I do not spread the yuck around my house trying to empty it. I did that when I used the wind tunnel type. I looked at some canister vacuums and I like them, they were light weight and seemed easy to move around. They also felt really cheaply made if you know what I mean.

I was talking with a friend about my dilemma and she mentioned she had an Oreck. My Mom has an Oreck and I have used hers before and I liked it. It was really light weight but seemed well constructed. My friend said she really liked her Oreck and her family had allergies too. I decided I would take a trip to the Oreck shop. The lady that waited on me was great. She really knew her stuff. She showed me several different types of Oreck vacuums. I liked them all. She asked what had brought me in and I told her about my kids having allergies. She then showed me the Oreck air purifiers. They have one that is a tower for large spaces and a desk or table top model for bedrooms. They had a sale, of course, buy the tower and get the desk top for FREE. So I bit. Instead of getting a vacuum I got two air purifiers.

I did all this without talking with Mark. He was out of town all last week and I made this purchase on my own. I told him I had bought them and how they worked. He was intrigued. He got home late on Thursday evening and he said the house smelled really clean. He could smell the difference the air purifiers were making. I have also noticed that Jack is not sneezing as much in the mornings and he does not blow his nose for 20 minutes right after he gets up.

So for those that have allergies check out the Oreck shop in your area. They have the online thing but it means more to see it in action. I am going to get one of the vacuums but I have to wait till I get the purifiers paid for. Don't forget Dave Ramsey.

2 comments:

Beth Cotell said...

Hmmmmmm...I have an Oreck and I like it a lot. Although it's almost nine years old and I'm afraid I'm going to have to replace it soon.

Peter has allergies. I wonder if an air purifier would help him?

Pampered Mom said...

Jack is allergic to dust bunnies according to Thomas. Dust mites actually and mold. Our basement is quite damp and I feel we may have an issue there. We have also purchased a dehumidifier for the basement and it is doing wonders as well. I will definately be getting that Oreck when I have the money.