Friday, June 26, 2009

Movie Day. . .

So yesterday we went to the movies. We had a low key day. Not too much activity. We went to see Transformers, it was really good. The language was a little over the top for me but it was still good. We always tell the kids that they are not to repeat things they hear on TV or at the Movies. We made the mistake of taking them to see Hancock and the language in it was worse than the Transformers. We really had to have a talk with them after that one. I know they are going to hear things from other kids at school and on the bus so it is important for them to know how we feel about it.

Mark and I are not perfect and sometimes things slip out when it should not and we talk to the kids about that too. I just want them to know that we don't think it is ok for them to use some words that other kids and adults use. I think sheltering them from it is not the way to go but I think if they hear it and you talk about it right then, you can nip it in the bud.

Anyway, that is my lecture for the day. Transformers was a good movie though. I think we may go bowling again today. After all we have two FREE games a day. Why waste it? We are going to try to stay cool today I think it is going to be a hot one.

No comments: