Wednesday, June 17, 2009

The Red Cross Class. . .

Jack had his class yesterday and Thomas and I had Mommy and Tom time. While Jack was in class Thomas and went all over shopping, playing, and eating. Yeah, all my favorites and throw in Thomas for comic relief and that is great. Jack was in class from 9-3:30 so Thomas and I had the whole day to play. We went to Costco for some groceries and had to stop and have a cinnamon thing and a soda of course. Then off to Lowes to see the flowers. Then we got to meet Mark for lunch. I decided since I had a little time I would go back to the Red Cross and donate blood. Thomas was very well behaved. He sat like a little gentleman while they did my blood. The little ladies of course doted on him and he just ate that up. He got to go to the canteen and have a snack. Once I had finished giving blood it was time to stroll over and pick up Jack.

When I dropped him off that morning he was not very happy and said he did not want to go. I told him we were here and he was going. How do ya like that logic? His class was the last one to get out and he was the last one to come through the doors. He had the biggest grin on his face. I asked him how he liked it and he replied, "Can I come next year too?" He obviously had a great time. He made several new friends and was excited about what he had learned.

I asked him about what they learned and he said, they learned how to stop bleeding and how to bandage a cut or scrape. They learned about pressure points with blood flow. They also learned a little about rescue breathing. Of course Jack being Jack I am sure they learned more that he cannot remember.

Thomas gets to go to his class in July.

2 comments:

Beth Cotell said...

Sounds like a great day for you and a great class for him! Win-win!

Pampered Mom said...

I love it when a plan comes together. HA HA!!