Thursday, April 4, 2013

Career Day. . .

We had career day or career fair at school today.  I went around and looked to see who I wanted to talk to and found the Police department.  The officer that was there was very knowledgeable and very personable.   I think that may be my calling, to help the police department fight computer crime.  I am really excited about the possibilities for the future.  I have a year or two left in school for this program but it is going by quickly.  I am going to take a security class online this summer and I cannot wait.
I used to think the medical field was the area to be in and now I think computer technology is where you need to be.  We do so much on the computer and smartphones someone is going to have to be ready to protect us.  There are also many different areas of computer security; you can protect people before the crime or you can investigate after the crime.  I am not sure which area I want to concentrate on because they both interest me.  I guess I have time to test both sides before I make a decision.
To anyone thinking about going back to school, I would encourage it.  I am enjoying my classes and learning so much.  It has been almost 20 years since I graduated College the first time, and it has been 10 years since I have been in the work force full time.  I was really nervous about going back to College but there are about as many older people as younger on campus these days.  If you are thinking about trying something new I encourage you to check out the Community Colleges in your area.

No comments: