Friday, April 26, 2013

Wonderful day with my Hubby. . .

My dear hubby is home from New Jersey.  He was away on business for a few days.  He took today off so we could spend the morning together while the kids were in school.  I love these days so much.  We had a nice breakfast and then did some running around.   We of course ended up at Lowe's  shopping for flowers that we really did not need.  We found some pretty petunias and another lily that was on clearance, to add to our front flower bed.   As you can see from my cover picture our front flower bed is quite full.  I decided I would like two hanging baskets with the trailing petunias.   So on my shepherd hooks in the front I have two hanging baskets with trailing petunias, purple and pink.   I also could not resist a bright green sweet potato vine.  I love those and I put it in a hanging basket that will hang over the driveway from the back flower bed. I love flowers.
While we were outside playing in the front flower bed we decided we should check on the garden.  I picked four radishes, some spinach, and broccoli.  I  could not resist the radishes, so I tried them.  They were a little spicy but so tender and yummy.  I will try everything else at dinner tonight.  I love playing in the garden and the flower beds.  I enjoy being outside and seeing the things that my husband and I have planted together.   Our fig bush is going to be really big this year because we did not cut it back like we normally do.  I love figs so much and I must thank my Mom for that.   She has a fig bush and we always had fresh figs and fig preserves.  I do not know how to make preserves and we have never had enough figs to make any before but, I think this year we may have a bumper crop.   I will have to post some pictures of our garden and my flower bed once everything gets established, especially the sweet potato vine.

No comments: