Saturday, August 30, 2014

My New Cover Picture. . .

This is a throw back picture to 2003 when my sweet Big T was just a Tiny T.   This was from his first beach trip.   Time goes by so fast, that was Big T's poem that he wrote that I posted yesterday.  It was part of his language arts homework.  I thought he did such a good job it warranted sharing with the blogosphere.

I started this blog to share the funny quirky  things that my kids said and did on a daily basis.  I love sharing things here, it is a means to get things off of my chest and, some days, brag just a little.
Motherhood is a crazy roller coaster, some days I feel so positive and excited about things I could burst, other days I feel like I could just explode at the drop of a hat.  I know we all go through this and it is supposed to be normal.  Huhhh!!!   Some man must have said that.  I guess it is important to remember that in life there are ups and downs and we hope that there will be more ups than downs.   I remember being frustrated with both boys trying to potty train and now that is such a distant memory.  I guess that is one more thing I should remember, the bad stuff fades away and all you remember are those blissful times when your little angel says, "mama" or "dada" or one of my favorites from Sprat, (while trying to put on his zip up hoodie) "mama, mama, I can't get my neighborhood on."   You just have to bust out laughing.  Or when Big T had been somewhere and I had not seen him in a day or two and I looked at him and told him, wow! you have a grown a foot.  Big T looks down at both legs and asks earnestly, where?
 We had difficulty getting pregnant with Sprat but things happen in God's time not ours.  Big T was a complete surprise and we could not have been happier.  We almost lost him at 25 weeks, when I went into preterm labor.  One of the scariest things I have endured as an adult.   Dear hubby was two hours away in a deer stand and I had Sprat age 3 and did not realize I was in labor.  We did make it to term, thank goodness.   Yes, I guess the good does out weigh the bad.  It is just sometimes so difficult when we are living the bad to think about that.
So if you are a mom or trying to be a mom focus on all those good things so that when those years have flown by that will be what you remember.

No comments: